Preparing Homes For Winter
Heading into the winter season, even Dallas homes need to prepare and maintain their homes to prevent damage from cold wind and rain. The outside of the home as well as in the side need some cleaning and fine-tuning to ensure that everything is running efficiently and smoothly. enVision Stone wants to help contractors give their clients the best possible experience that will allow them to live in a home they love. To do this, here are some tips contractors can offer homeowners to make sure they are ready for winter, including cleaning up the landscaping and preventing mold with our innovative stone veneer application.
Preparing a Home For Winter
- Tune-up Heating System: The last thing you want is the furnace to break down on the coldest night. Have a technician come out who can make sure that the system is running as it should and that there aren’t any carbon-monoxide leaks.
- Inspect the Roof: Wind and rain can damage shingles and cause them to become loose or blow them away completely. Get the ladder out for a closer look or simply use some binoculars to get a good look closer to the ground and hire a roofer if anything needs repairing.
- Caulk Around Windows and Doors: If you’ve noticed higher than normal utility bills, this task can make sure money isn’t being lost through your windows or doors. A tight seal will keep cold air out and hot air in.
- Clean the Gutters: When the gutters are backed up with leaves and other debris, water can spill out and cause damage to vinyl siding, any wood trim, and the roof. This isn’t the most enjoyable task, but is definitely worth the time and effort.
- Install Stone Veneer: Used on the outside of a home, this spray-on material is easy to maintain, giving homeowners more time to string up holiday lights.
Benefits of Stone Veneer
There isn’t a single homeowner out there who doesn’t dread hearing that they have mold in their home. This means having a professional remove the mold, making any necessary repairs to ensure it doesn’t come back, and keeping up with maintenance. With stone veneer, the high alkaline content makes the material mold-resistant, giving homeowners who had it stalled as siding peace of mind throughout the year.
Even the strongest siding can be damaged by wind, rain, or hail. enVision Stone’s stone veneer is made with real stone, not a composite material. Real stone gives homeowners a level of protection against the elements, no matter what comes along. When facing strong winds or freezing temperatures in the Dallas area, give homes a strong application that can stand up to them.
Fast and Clean
Contractors and homeowners will be thrilled to know that stone veneer is easy to install and easy to clean and maintain. Before harsh weather really sets in, install spray-on stone that can help homeowners prepare for the winter.
Even though Dallas may not face the toughest weather in the country, why not give your clients a beautiful and unique home while also giving them some added protection against wind and rain. They can also experience an installation that takes less time and money than other stone applications. Give us a call today to learn more.